After a successful tender process HBP were appointed as the Groundworks contractor to complete remedial and infrastructure works at Barrow in Furness Railway Depot.
The duration of works was approximately 6 months and as the sub-contractor to RTS Infrastructure, our scope of works involved:
- Installation of reinforced concrete yard slabs and platforms
- Installing a new concrete carriage wash apron
- Laying a new drainage system for a gravity fed sewer and a pumped drainage system
- Installing underground attenuation drainage system
- Removing exisiting channel drains and reinstalling them to a new area on site
- Installation of drainage for the new track pan pop ups
- Site Clearance and Hazardous Waste Management
HBP managed, transported and disposed of all the excavated waste on site. We worked closely with the contractor to produce a waste management plan. HBP tested all waste arisings, ensured correct segregation and disposed of accordingly to the correct licenced facilities depending on its waste classification.
We worked collaboratively with the contractor and the client to ensure works were completed to a high standard and on programme.
HBP’s Project Manager for the works Dave Knight commented “HBP were given the oppurtunity to work with RTS for the first time. I feel that we worked closely together problem solving and progressing the works collectively and agreeing scope changes as we continued with a challenging programme.”